Welcome to the Better Family Foundation Community!
- 2013 was a powerful year for BFF! Read all about it in our Annual Report !
- Our Child Sponsorship Project sponsored 40+ children for the 2013-2014 academic school year!
- We executed a 13-day workshop focusing on HIV/AIDs/STIs and Safe Sex for two groups-- youths and married couples. It was an amazing success in part thanks to Nourish International's Claremont Colleges Chapter who assisted us with it's implementation.
- The Menka Community Water Project in the Mezam Division of the Northwest has been completed!
- The health seminar series discussing family nutrition-- targeting diabetics and other vulnerable families is moving smoothly!
- We have updated our Resource Sharing Center to include the HIV/AIDS manuals used during our workshops and many other items.
WHO WE ARE
Better Family Foundation is a local, apolitical NGO (registration No. 011/AR/E32/50/2006/A2) based in Fundong, Cameroon which aims to empower families socially and economically by working to provide education, counseling, and financial support to local families in need. It was founded in 2006 by Mbeng Simon after having worked with many marginalized families while serving as a farm leader with Heifer Project International. Mbeng realized the serious need for a local organization which would address the many diverse needs of local families.
To provide free education, training, counseling, and financial aid to all families in need so that they may gain access to the tools they need to improve their lives.
- To provide free counseling to individuals and families in need.
- To provide free workshops and seminars on topics relevant to the issues of the community (gender, marriage, management of family resources, conflict resolution, water committee training, etc.).
- To provide informal education to small community groups requesting assistance (on topics ranging from health related issues to budgeting and action planning).
- To support (through financial aid and education) orphans and vulnerable children within the community.